Apparently, you have read our previous article Tips for Creating a Good Profile, and you have many more matches than ever. You have already been talking to some cute people too. You will go on a first date for sure, yet you are aware that first dates are the hardest since you barely know the other person. After planing a date, you will have many questions about your first date with that particular person. If you are really into that person, you might even get nervous before the date. But who says online dating is easy? Although not everything goes as planned, it is good to plan your date earlier and know what to do. There are some vital things you need to know before your first date. Here you can find some tips that will help you clear your mind and get you relaxed before your date. If you make sure that you know all these tips, you will be completely ready for your first date after getting dressed.
1. Know Your Date I see that knowing someone through their text messages and their profile photos might be difficult. Try better to get to know your date before the date. Ask your partner question and try to learn their favorites and dislikes. It is crucial to do it before the date because it can change your date night and maybe your future with them. You have to choose the right place to take your date. For that reason, you have to know little details about them too. For example, if you didn't know your date well and took them to a steakhouse without knowing your date was a vegetarian, that would be a complete fail. Please, try to do it before your date, before making any arrangements. Otherwise, you will learn that your date is a vegetarian anyway after ordering a steak for them.
2. Be Confident Confidence is the key to most things because it makes you seem powerful. Even the most confident people have moments when they can feel nervous, anxious, and unsure, of course. However, you should try your best because your confidence can attract attention and make your date care about you more. Just be confident, do not be unsure about yourself. Being nervous is pointless when dating online because your partner already knows what you look like and wants to meet you. That's why you are having a date with them. However, do not exaggerate confidence and look like a snob, either. You should be yourself, the best version of yourself. I know it seems a little difficult to manage now because it is your first date. Everything will be smoother on the second date.
3. Put Your Phone Away First of all, it is not very acceptable to look at your phone all the time when you are with someone. It is such rude behavior that your date might want to leave you there. The only reason why you are going on a date with someone is that you want to get to know your date better by spending time with them. So, stop texting your mom or bestie, and try to focus on your date and enjoy the night. Even if you do not like your date that much in person, it still counts as a rude thing to do on a date especially on a first date. You can just cut it short instead of acting like a rude teenager all night.
4. Do Not Get Drunk It is the first date that you meet someone in person. You should pull yourself together and behave like a good-mannered person. You should only drink as much as you can take. You need to concentrate on your date and try to know them better instead of getting drunk and having a crazy night at the bar. No one is there for a hangover. Besides, it is not a good idea to show someone something that even you barely know: your subconscious. There is also an unpleasant possibility that you might throw up. It is an awful impression to give someone on a very first date. You can get drunk later, just wait a little more.
5. Do Not Get Any Hopes Now that you have been together for a few hours, and liked them too, you might get your hopes high. However, there is a little thing that you keep forgetting and it is the word FIRST. You are both going on that first date to know, meet each other in person. If you do not like your date or your date does not like you back in person, that is the end of it. Creating an illusion of a person and getting some hopes over them might hurt you. You should not expect anything from your date until you get the second date, at least. First, it can be frustrating to see that the person is not as good as you have imagined. Second, your date might have different expectations than yours. Especially, if your date expects a one-night stand instead of a relationship while you want a relationship, your heart will get broken. Not to get disappointed on your first date and have fun with your partner, you can talk to your partner about your expectations before your first date.
For more articles, check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.