What is the right time to break up with someone? Well, there is not any right time to do it. You just do it when the problems in your relationship become too overwhelming. I know breakups are tough, and you will not get over them quickly. But you have to do what you have to do. I know a partner is good until your partner starts to hold you back instead of making you happy and giving you the support you need. However, if your love does not win the war against your fights, you might start considering breaking up without letting it go any worse. Some problems are not just insignificant and need to be solved. Otherwise, they might kill the romance and the love eventually. What you need to do is not to ignore those problems. If there is no way to solve them, it is time to say goodbye. If the love and the romance are not there anymore, there is no meaning to try harder and wear yourself out. You can't wait for Cupid to shoot you with his arrow again. If you are still not sure if your relationship has already ended or not, you can find some signs here.
1. If They Make You Angry Quite Often If your partner starts to make you angry more often than before, it means that something has changed in your relationship. Change is not always a bad thing in a relationship, though. If your partner changes because they get more comfortable with you, it is okay. If these changes make you unhappy and disturbed, it is not a good sign for your relationship. It means that they do not care about you that much anymore. Usually, your partner should not disturb you or make you feel uncomfortable. That's what you do when you love someone and care about them deeply. If they do not try to change their attitudes or habits that bother you after you pointing the problem, then it might be the end of your relationship. Just remember that your partner should make you complete, not angry.
2. If You Think About Breaking Up Constantly If you think about breaking up with your partner all the time, clearly there is a problem or problems there. If you have not tried to solve your problems or talk them out, you should do it first to save your relationship. If those problems meet no solution after each fight you have, maybe no solution can work for you both. At this point, you should try to get yourself out of these problems now that your partner has no effort to work it out. Consider that maybe an idea of breakup looks tough to your partner as well. That might be why they do not try to solve anything even if they feel the same way you do. It is now time for you to be selfish, I guess.
3. If You Like Spending Time Alone More The only reason to start a relationship is that you want to be happy and spend most of your time with your partner because you love them. If your partner starts disturbing you or becomes unbearable for you, you slowly start making plans for one. You make up excuses to avoid them and spend your time alone. You start to feel more relaxed and happy when you are alone than being with your partner and arguing all the time. You should not feel sorry about it because you only want happiness in your life. If your partner does not give you happiness, then you must get it yourself. Life is too short to be unhappy.
4. If You Want Different Things If you do not share your future plans with your partner, it means that you will break up with them at some point. Sometimes, being in a relationship means more than just spending time together. Being a couple means a future together. Of course, you can have different ideas and plans for the future. If you cannot find a meeting point or a common desire in it, maybe you are not meant to be together. You cannot have any future plans with someone who does not make you happy, anyway. Now that you see your partner does not want to take part in your future, it will be okay to let it go.
5. If They Abuse You in Any Way If your partner abuses you or has abused you in any way, it is not okay. And, it will never be. It can be psychological, physical, or sexual abuse. None of them is acceptable in any condition. It is crucial for you to break up with them right away, and never ever see them. It is an inhuman, immoral act that is also against the law. It is wrong in every way. You need to recognize your partner's psychological well-being because it is not a healthy act, not at all. If your partner abuses you, you must immediately break up with them no matter how much you love them. Besides, it might happen again, and you cannot live with the fear and the stress it causes. It can affect your mental health and put you in trauma. Do not let anyone harm you in any way.
6. If They Cheat on You If you cheat on your partner or your partner cheats on you, the two mean the same thing. And, it is that you start to get attracted to other people. Both of you might get bored of the relationship. Both of you might start not to get attracted to each other anymore. Both of you might miss being single again. One way or another, you need to break up. A breakup can be good for you, both. If you are not happy with your partner or you cannot get satisfied with what you have, you will never be happy without making a change about it. Staying together after cheating is like trying to push a steady object to somewhere else. It will not go anywhere. It will just tire you, and wear you out. Leave it there and go, look for some happiness.
7. If You Feel Alone Even With Them The most vital thing in a relationship is support. You need to get emotional support from your partner whenever you need it. You need to feel that you are loved by them because that is what love is and that is why you are in a relationship. Otherwise, you could have just adopted a dog instead. You want your partner to show their love because no one wants to be alone in a relationship. You should be able to talk to your partner and want them to comfort you. If you feel alone even when you are with them, it means you are alone in the relationship. So, you must decide what to do next by yourself.
8. If Your Friends Advise You So Friends never lie, especially about relationships. You might not see your relationship problems, or you might not consider them as big problems. If your friends mention a breakup or tell you to break up all the time, maybe you should start considering it. There is a problem that you cannot see or ignore, but your friends wouldn't mention it if it were not a big problem. Your friends can objectively give you their opinion on this because they are not blindly in love unlike you. Remember that you can fall in love with anyone, but you cannot keep a relationship with anyone.
9. If You Don't Argue At All If you do not argue with your partner, it is quite a bad sign. It shows that you do not talk to each other enough to point out your problems or have conflicting opinions. If you are not connected to talk at all, maybe you are not even in a relationship at all. There is also another possibility that you have already lost your interest. You might not want to solve your problems as well, but avoiding your problems will not solve them. Just to let you know.
10. If They Threaten You With Breaking Up If your partner threatens you with breaking up every time you argue, you might need a breakup. It is selfish and inconsiderate to put someone under pressure as well as being childish behavior. If your partner truly loves you, a breakup would be their biggest fear that they are afraid to mention, not a usual subject they bring up all the time. You should give people the respect and love that they deserve, not more than they deserve.
For more articles, check out our blog posts. If you are ready to find the one for you, sign up or log in to your Waplog profile and date until you drop. Have fun.