Online dating is exciting but sometimes it can be hard to figure out, what to do and what not to do can be daunting. If you do not want to be single yet you still are, you may be missing out on some crucial information on the dating scene. Well, we are sure you are a catch and wonderful but you may need to brush up on your dating tactics. There are some small mistakes that may hinder your chances of getting dates, so let's address to clear out some possible mistakes that are costing you dates.
1.First move phobia Once you get talking to each other one of you has to start and make the first move and ask the other person out. If none of you decide to go forward and step up your game, your messaging can stop very soon because none of you asked each other out. So to go on dates and find your potential love don't be afraid of making the first move. Don't always expect others to make the first move. It is the 21st century and anyone can ask anyone else out. Get over yourself and get chatting.
2. Playing hard to get We have heard this one before, once you flirt you should play hard to get and you will get the person you want. Oh, boy who came up with this technique and why does it pop up everywhere? No, you shouldn't do that. You shouldn't be playing games to get what you want. Be direct and make eye contact and listen to what they have to say. Talk to them, especially in online dating context if you run away you will lose them. If you stick around to text in a timely manner and make conversation that is how you will get to meet them. If you try to play hard to get you will be easy to forget and will lose your matches one by one. We are just saying.
3. Romantic perfectionism You may be watching too many TV shows or movies and look at how love works on there, well I have to let you guys know, it is all fake. You won't find happiness if you believe what you see on TV is real. If you search for that you won't find it anytime soon. Also, another thing is that you will have fights no matter how perfect you are for each other there will always be some sort of fights and they are healthy to have. If you are ready to bail on your first disagreement or fight you will be single for much longer. Relationships are filled with disagreements and arguments because you put two people together and have them work their differences together, so there will always be something- So you should better be getting used to the idea. If everything is perfect all the time that is when you should be careful and see what is going on with your relationship.
4. Appearance insecurity & Desperation Don't lose your confidence over your appearance you could be the ugliest person but as long as you are confident in yourself they will not see it. You see your insecurities more than anyone, you are the only one who is obsessing over it. So avoid wearing something new, or getting your hair done like dying it to a different color before a date. Because you will be distracted and may even lose confidence and that will directly apply to how your date is going. Being sure and confident of yourself is the best thing you can do no matter what you look like. Whatever you do, do not be desperate to find a guy or a girl, they can hear the desperation miles away. Just keep your chin up, live your life to the fullest and the person who will fit in will fit in.
5. Ex-talk Don't mention your ex in a conversation with a new date. Once you talk about them it sounds like you are not over them, and that shows your date is not going anywhere. Especially on a first date, this should be the last thing to talk about. No matter why you are about to talk about your ex, it doesn't matter they just shouldn't come up.
6. Forgetting to text back Forgetting to text back when online dating can become an obstacle for you and hinder your chances on going on more dates with matches. Why? Because online dating is fast, things happen fast and no one has time to wait around for you. Same applies to playing hard to get; no one is going to try to get you simply because they have other options readily available. They don't know you that much to care enough to wait for you and that will affect your chances on going on a date. Forgetting to message will seem like you are uninterested in them and they will stop writing to you, so if you are indeed interested, show it to them.
7. Lying Do not lie. Every single post we have published some way talks about lying. Lying has never been okay, ever. So why should it be any different when you are trying to get dates online. Especially online dating, people are much more mistrustful so once they catch a lie it is pretty much game over for that relationship. There is no way to recover from that because no one wants to date a liar, and if that liar happens to be a random stranger from the internet, well... Red flags and danger bells start going off the charts.
8. Complaining & and being pessimistic Stop complaining about everything and live in the moment. If you start complaining about things on the first date you will seem very negative and not fun. Be optimistic and positive when you are on a date. You do not need to be Pollyanna but get your inner positivity shine here. Optimistic people are more attractive and attract more people because everyone likes to be around happy people. So if you are always complaining and being pessimistic you will tire out the other person really quick and end that relationship before it could start.
9. Canceling plans If you are going to ask someone out then make sure that week you will have different openings for a date. If you are not available for that week then don't message them saying you would like to meet them. Cancelling plans will lose that date. From the start be upfront if or when you can meet and go through with your plans and if an emergency comes up let them know and set up a new date. Do not leave things hanging for the other person, be sure and follow it through.
10. Bragging Have self-confidence but know the difference between bragging and self-confidence. Instead of saying you are the best cook you know, say you cook a mean souffle and would like to show them one day. Bragging never sounds good and the other person will know they do not want to hang out with you once they get a whim of your bragging. Be yourself, show who you are and share your experiences but do not brag about any of it.
There are more reasons that might be keeping you single but for now, this is our shortest list on this subject, sign in or sign up for Waplog to find matches and be yourself and have fun.